Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scott 800B: The tuner

Glad I could help you with a contact Brenda. Can you post a picture of what is rusted and you can't adjust. Pictures help refresh my aging brain. As for the bandwith control impacting the tuning, I don't recall that. I will have to try that on my 800.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Not the tuning, just the operation of the bandswitch (preset) buttons.

I believe I have found that rusted control on the schematic. Looks to be in the cathode circuits of the RF amp and 1st AM IF amp.

Tried my 800 tonight and changing the bandwidth switch does not do anything to render the power tuning inoperable to other AM stations. No mater which position. It does change the tone quality slightly.
Jerry

What the manual says is that to change between AM and FM, you have to have the AM switch in the BC position, and the bandwidth switch in the M position.

This does, indeed, seem to be the way mine works. It's rather a convoluted switching scheme.

Sorry BAD, I did not understand. Will try again to change from AM to FM with the Selectivity control in various positions. I didn't realize you were changing from AM to FM.
Jerry

Yes Brenda, the position of the selectivity switch in the wrong position does stop the changing from AM to FM. Not certain why as I always had mine set to the "M" position. Glad you found the coil you needed.
Jerry