Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rca 29k2 console

Have a nice RCA 29k2 console radio I brought home today, only to discover after the ride home, that the slide rule dial glass had cracked.
Anyone have one or know of anyone who makes a replica?
Thanks
murf

Murf,

If nobody else can help, and your dial isn't too badly shattered, you can put the pieces back together and take a high res scan (a high res photo will work, too, but harder to work with). Then email me the scan and exact measurements. I can reproduce the dial scale itself on a color transparency and mail that to you. You could then get your own piece of glass cut (or plexy!) and attach the repro scale to it.

THat just might work Brenda,
I will pm you with a scan or picture.
Probably a hard one to find.
murf

Brenda:

Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_clapIcon_thumbup

Try Radio Daze, they make repro glass dials, or you could hunt on fleabay for one from a parted out set.
Regards
Arran

Brenda was nice enough to make me a transparency.
We'll try that and see how it looks.
Thanks again Brenda.

In case anyone would like to see what I do with these beasties:

Before:

After:

Lots of work with Photoshop Elements, then printed out on a transparency. This is the first time I've had to do it without having the original dial to work with (other than a scan). I usually have the original to compare the transparency to make sure the final dimensions are correct.

Mighty fine work, Brenda!!Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_clap

Great work Brenda!!!

Gene

Good work Brenda! I'm having a real facepalm moment right now because I know where possibly two or more of these sets are sitting right now. The same place I dragged my model 90 out of! At least I know what model they are now.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Darn.. after all the work, and printing out the transparencies, I've just checked against the original with one of the transparencies, and the transparency is smaller/narrower. I'm going to have to get some legal size (8.5x14) transparencies and reprint them and remail. Sorry about this, Murf.. printer limitations. Icon_sad Shouldn't be too long, though. I could also send you the finished file and you could perhaps have Kinko's print a transparency for you in the meantime.

Murf;

Check your PM.

-O.B.

As people scan these things it would be nice to place the "art work" in a sticky where it could be reused.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Russ, there is a sub Phorum where labels etc. are filed for reference and recovery. With the help of Ron, I have posted several labels for Philcos there. Brenda's hard work needs to be saved for others as you indicated.
Regards, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25

Intended for Philco items but I would not object to other makes/models as well.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN