Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zenith Stratosphere 1000Z Reproduction Cabinet

OK, Just one more clarification,

I hope I meet Brimer one of these days,......Icon_neutral I would like to shake his hand,... because when it comes to passion and labor of love,.. he is so far ahead of all of us, we could never work hard enough to be as good. I think he and O'Brien would have a good friendship.
The clarification is this,..
I was ASKED how many hours was in the building of the Strat cabinet from scratch. I hadn't really thought about it until then. SO , let's just , "do the math", 40 hours a week, (which is way low), times 24 weeks (6 months), is 960 hours. Well that's a no brainer. I worked on the project for a year overall, but I had others to take care of , as well. And the customer told me to take the time to do my best, and I did.
In Brimer's last quote, on page 7 at the arf. When ASKED, how many hours he had in restoring a 690,...his reply was:
Not sure how much time I had in the 690. Nothing like 700 hours. Less than 200 if I had to guess. That's a guess. Time wasn't important because it was a labor of love and this is my passion. Icon_clap

Icon_confused Sounds like one of my quotesIcon_wink

BUT.... that was a very rough cabinet with an intense very difficult resto, which amounted to building it all over again.
Hmm,..kinda like building a Stratosphere cabinet from scratch?Icon_e_smile

Guys, I'll tell you. I have been a craftsman of wood and finishing for a long time, and I learned in the first year, that the best way to move forward was humility.
You will never hear me say one unkind thing about anyone,..... unless they attack me first.
And,...I have learned a few things in that sense , as well!Icon_wink
Thank you guys for letting me clarify a few things,....I'm done with it.
And thank you all again for your compliments. I worked hard to achieve this. This cabinet will always be my finest hour and I am proud of that, and I certainly refuse to let anyone try to take that away from me.

Oh !,........... by the way,... what is a "resto"?

Happy Holidays,Icon_wave
Kenneth

Hi Ken.

I can only say that I am truly amazed by your skills! Only few are really capable of making a correct reproduction of a complex cabinet like this. This is truly a work of art and high class craftmanship.

Jan - Denmark

Ken

"resto" (and, take it with a pinch of Epsom salt,,, Icon_smile - my first language is not English) I think is short for "restoration".
"Pain", "suffering" and "agony" are synonyms which makes some of us (me at least) a masochist....Icon_mrgreen

Nice work, Ken. I'll save my comments about the "controversy"