Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need schematic Motorola 95L1

Got this thing in yesterday. Looking it over tonight, it has some serious issues. For starters, it looks for all the world like at least two of the tube sockets (filament pin) are not connected to any voltage source. Funny thing is, it doesn't look like they ever were (see attached pic)

You had me stumped for a second. I take it that It's a portable cause 3 and 4 are connected.
Terry

Sorry, yes, a 5 tube portable. Note that pin 1 on two of the sockets has nothing connected to it, also reads open on my DMM. Don't see how this radio ever worked from the factory, since those two sockets are the RF amp and IF amp.

Look foward to newer posts. Looks like late 40's early 50's not even sure about that.

On the 1U4 and 1R5, pin 1 is internally connected to pin 5, so no connection to 1 is needed if 5 is being used.

[Image: http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/tubes/syl43/.../1U4_1.gif]

Ah... I had not even considered looking up the 1U4, I'm so used to having all those 1V miniatures using pins 1 and 7 for filament.

Still power supply issues, so still need the schematic if anyone knows where I can find one.

Thanks to the pointer about the 1U4 internal connections, I got off of that wrong way path and found the power supply problem (was one section of a REPLACED three section filter cap). Turned out that the biggest PITA about this set was restringing the dial string. It LOOKS simple enough, but was refusing to move until I did a lot of very finicky tensioning. Radio works like a champ now.

Hi BrendaAnn,

Sorry, I'm stumped. There is no Motorola 95L1 in my collection, and I can't find a reference to one anywhere. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I couldn't find any reference, either. Very strange. But I did figure out the problem and corrected it. Still wish I could find something on this thing, though.

Hmmm... I've just discovered something... I looked the radio up by name rather than model number, and there may have been a misprint on the label (not like I'VE ever done anything like that!). The radio is a Motorola Diplomat, which corresponds to model numbers 65L1 and 65L2 (the latter, I believe, being the 220V version. I've ordered a schematic from Steve.