Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas gift from a buddy

A VERY good friend surprised me with this gift a couple of days ago...

Yep, it's a Magnavox CR 189 FM tuner, the correct and very elusive component I have been looking for to complete my 1946/7 Regency Symphony! This effectively turns this set into a 21 tube monster!!

For those of you who have not experienced one of these sets, I STRONGLY recommend them.

Now that is a very good gift! Icon_biggrin

No matter where you go, there you are.

TA,
Great news for you!!Icon_yawnIcon_clapIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Gene

Very nice. Great winter project and many fans here are interested in your progress.

That's what I call a good friend!

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

TA,

you got any more of those friends I could befriend by chance?

My advice has always been the same.

Seek out the old-time radio guys and experts. Ask their advice. Be on "receive" more than you are on "transmit." Be worthy of their company.

Their knowledge is a treasure. If you are lucky, they will pass some of it to you. But knowledge, like Karma, is something that must be passed in turn by you to others.

If you are REALLY lucky, some day others will look up to you the way you now look up to your own mentors.

And NOW, I shall resume my search for a woman who cannot beat me arm-wrestling, cannot throw a football farther than me, or catch me from behind when I am beating a hasty retreat.....Icon_wink

...and who at least bears a strong resemblance to Pam Anderson, right, Tom? Icon_wink

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Pam can beat me at arm wrestling or anything else she wants to, my friend.........Icon_wink

For myself I would write "... and bears a strong resemblance to Pam Anderson in the throrax area"...

I believe the Russian variant usually does have a larger thorax.

No.....not necessarily. In fact Russian gals are not all that.....buxom. Ukrainians, on the other hand, are. As the expression about them goes "pol-nah pah-zoo-khah tsitsok" (полна пазуха цицок) which means "lots of bosom behind the blouse".
Ukrainian girls.....they are something.

This is why The Beatles sang "The Ukraine girls really knocked me out" . They sure can.

In books about the American 355th and 352d Fighter Groups in WW 2, the same observations were made by the American Pilots about many of the Russian girls there. They were at airfields in the vicinity of a place called Poltava.

Poltava is actually Ukraine.

THAT explains it!

There are several interesting accounts that I have read about the "shuttle" missions that took place fom bases in England to bases in the USSR. MOST of the missions went to Poltava, until a German He-177 shadowed an American formation there. That night the Germans launched a several hour raid on the airfield that resulted in many B-17s and P-51s destroyed.

During the resultant dispersal of US aircraft to other airfields, the US pilots/aircrews had the opportunity to meet many Russians. The almost universal observation was the friendliness of the people there. One US airman noted that despite the obvious near-total destruction of the surrounding area due to recent battle, the people were "the friendliest, singing-est and dancing-est people" he had ever seen.