Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Capacitor Value in Production Change

The Run Changes for the 40-195/200/201 show that on sets marked Run 8, a mmfd. condenser, Part No. 30-1097 is connected in parallel with compensator 26B.

Can someone identify the value of this capacitor for me? It is not stated in the note on the documentation I have.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

30-1097 is 5 pF silver mica.

I would not add it unless when you align the radio, the trimmer is almost all the way tight (max capacitance)

John
Las Vegas, NV USA

John;

Sure, I understand. I have the radio working on all bands right now. I went out to the barn and got the loop for the high SW band, brought it in and am getting stations all the way up and down that band. Some are in Spanish and some are Portuguese. These are probably from South and Central America. I also picked up WWV at two spots on that band. The police band has lots of apparent data communications or some sort of digital interference on the upper end of the dial, but of course the low end includes the upper AM broadcast frequencies. I plan to try the SW upper band later tonight to see what I can get.

Thanks very much for the information on the capacitor. I figured someone would know its value. In the case of this radio it will not need the added capacitor as the trimmers are not at max on any band for best reception.

Joe