Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 60B pre-restoration look-around

Wow, what a title! hehe

I currently have many projects to conclude but I wanted to take a peak on my little Philco 60B. I love it, and it's a perfect project for a novice like me as it's kind of a basket case, but a very simple radio I could go through completely.

I was looking under the chassis and as it has been serviced a few times, I'm really wondering how it should look when restored properly? Does anybody have a clear bright picture of under the hood I could compare with? I don't need it to live, I'm just very curious and it could give me some inspiration.

I hope to jump in the restoration during spring. Obviously, it needs a good recap, changing OOT resistors, maybe fix the often seen coil issue, new dial scale, good cleaning and de-rusting, paint job? and new lytic caps on the chassis for the looks. And that's only for the chassis... the cabinet is in pretty sad shape too Icon_rolleyes

Anyway, thanks in advance and have a nice eve!

Attached Files Image(s)

I"ve seen a lot worse chassis underneath. Mainly it's those big ugly replacement 'lytics that make it look so bad. Everything else looks pretty much original.

Dirty as sin...but not rusty. Not rusty is good.
The speaker.....I would recone it. Too much damage. Or even buy a new one.