Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Grebe Tombstone

Hey Everyone,
I am in the process of restoring a Grebe tombstone, beautiful veneers and moldings on the front and it says Synchrophase on the dial.
I had Don Patterson (Wizard of Ohms) restore the chassis for me and we never found a model number or a schematic. Don just performed his wizardry on the darn thing and got it playing beautifully.
Don had knowledge of Grebe and knew that after he passed on, Garod picked up a great deal of the work, and carried on from there. There is a lot more details about this, but we can save that for later or another thread.
I bought it because it was so pretty and I was amazed that it said Synchrophase. I have only known that to be on the MU series and others, but never on a tombstone set.
Anyway, I will be selling it after I finish the restoration, and I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this, I want to add as much about the set as I can to the description.

Thank you,
Kenneth

A tube lineup would give an idea of manufacturing date.

http://www.radioatticarchives.com/radio.htm?radio=11462

...any chance?

Yikes, is that thing for real?

Looks like it really does exist. Here is the schematic:

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...000003.pdf

Never saw one of those before!

Neat!!!!Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

It would have to be late 1932. The bankruptcy notice I found was in the Nov. 12 1932 Radio World.

Photo from the r attic is not even close, as I said this one is a Synchrophase
In fact that cabinet is a troll compared to this one,..

And, the schematic is different , as well.
Tube line up on mine is 2A7,55,57,58,2A5,80.

I am telling you, if Patterson couldn't find it, it is not in Rider's. We have tried everything to find a schematic even close.

I will post a photo when I am finished with it.
Thank guys,
Kenneth

Kenny

Jusrt please post first asking us to sit down. Then in 5 minutes, post the photo.

That thing for real?

Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz

Pictures now please Icon_mrgreen We love us some before and after pics...
Anyone who gets the correct model receives grill cloth for a year right?? Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

I'll keep looking Ken

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6