Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 20

There sure will be a difference, but the negative bias still should be there.

Hi Morzh
I thought you might like to see a picture of the speaker I was telling you about with the enclosed wiring.

Gregb

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow. So even the voice coil is connected inside. Mine has original grommet (tell tell sign - very dry) and all tucked in except the output wires. They come outside. I guess in yor case they decided to be more of neatnicks than usual Icon_smile

There has to be some access to those wires. The output transformer has been replaced, perhaps by removing it there is access beneath it?

Yes, if you remove the transformer the wires will be underneath.

the speaker was repaired, I think - you could see the two insulators for the voice coil solder posts on the left of the transformer. I am not sure what happened but if they decided to connect short voice coil wires directly to the rigid transformer output ones, then no wonder the speaker sounds more rigid than it should.

I have now taken it apart and from what I can see it is all original. The solder looks just as old as every other connection in the set and everything has that factory look to it. All of the connections to the transformer are directly below it and I am sure all original. It is a Canadian made radio so possible we Canucks did things a little different back in the day, as will still do.

Gregb