Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stewart-Warner R110 console

Saw this last September at an antique shop, but the price was high and I thought it to only be a five to six tube radio. Saw it again today and the price had dropped and I found out this is a ten tube set with push-pull 2A5s. Seems to be rare too as I have't found a picture of this version anywhere online so far. Only have matched up the cabinet code as being made for this chassis.

No matter where you go, there you are.

You and I, we need to swap places for a while.
I will get some radios and you will cut your spending.

Actually, the radios are thinning out really quick around here again. Where I bought this a couple vendors were complaining that there was no money to be made in old radios anymore and they are only really good if you are buying them to keep.

That just means the vendors will get out of the business of buying and selling them, leaving people like you and I to cut out the middle man and buy them (hopefully) on the cheap!

Nice looking radio though. Out of curiosity, what are they asking now and how much had they dropped the price? Seems like around here no one ever drops the price on anything.

When I saw this radio in September, I think price was around $100. Yesterday it was $65. Usually they put the prices up around here, rarely do they drop unless they are on Craigslist.