Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P.

I have just started using a new idea for my filter caps but it does rule out using the poly caps as they are to big for this. I was using the poly caps and then using JB weld clear to glue the can back together and most times it works really good. I then had one that for what every the reason the glue would not hold. Must have had some contaminant that I missed. So I thought about it and now I cut the can so there is at least 1/2" at the base and do the usual cleaning and stuff with an electrolytic. Now the new part, I got some PVC electrical conduit from Home Depot that has the exact same outside diameter as the inside of the cap cans. I cut a piece 2-3" long and insert into the base and then slide the top on for a nice fit. Then I got some model airplane peel and stick trim in aluminum and I wrap that around the can to hold it together. It doesnt look to bad and the best part is you can take it apart with ease for furture repairs or if by chance you get a new cap that fails on the first power on, this has happened to me before.
Good luck with what ever method you choose!

Gregb

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 01-29-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P. - by gregb - 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM