Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P.

Here are the pics of my electrolytic cap rebuild. I put some thought and time into this one, took some ideas that were mentioned, and this is what I came up with.

I showed the disassembly in an earlier post. I used a propane torch to heat the bolt. It came out after some gentle rocking and pulling. It did not damage the threaded area. I cleaned up the rubber gasket, then used a brass screw, soldered to it, then put together.

The outer can slipped over the base, and I used 3 little dabs of JB quick to attach. So far, I havent broken them off. I think I can heat and remove if I need to replace the cap sometime. I did have to make sure I had the metal cans lined up with the ground strap. I cleaned both and checked for continuity. It looks factory from over and under. I didnt have to change any wiring. Here is the finished product.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 01-29-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Philco model 70 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-05-2014, 09:27 AM