Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello Philco Phorum

Nothing like a '70s Vette to make us old guys still feel like a menace to society.

When I became a crippled old guy I sold my heavily modified '76 Vette and my BRG/tan interior 91 XJS Jag. Icon_sad

HOWEVER, it's in my blood, and I now terrorize the local citizenry with my red/tan interior 90 XJS Jag.Icon_twisted

Sweet ride. Always loved that body style. Only one I like more was the XKE.

Welcome to the phorum! If these guys can help me, they can help anyone!! Let me know if your friend ever wants to get rid of his "plastic chevrolet". I can be his friend too. Take care, Gary.

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

TA, this is the Jag that makes me smile:

[Image: http://www.aandhmag.com/wp-content/uploa...jaguar.jpg]

And I'll never own one, because reality.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

Back to the Radio, "What seems to be the problem?"

The known problems so far are the lack of a speaker and some disconnected wires on the underside of the chassis. The speaker problem is most likely the easiest to solve and TA Forbes is helping me with that. Thanks TA!!

The wires are coming from two of the electrolytic capacitors. I'll be needing some schematic study time to figure those out.

There is one incorrect tube in the set and the condition of the others hasn't been determined yet. The incorrect tube is a GE 35/51 (with 35 being over number 51 on the side of the tube) where a type 24 is supposed to be. The location on the chassis is to the left of the type 27 at the back of the chassis behind the tuning capacitor. Can you tell I need some schematic study time? Icon_biggrin If I knew what I was talking about I could tell you if it was the RF, the 1st detector, or the IF. Icon_redface Icon_redface

Once these things are corrected I can bring it up real slow and look for the smoke signals to determine what else needs repair.

Thanks for asking codefox1!

Quote from GarySP:

"Let me know if your friend ever wants to get rid of his "plastic chevrolet". I can be his friend too."

I think he's in love Gary. He would rather part with his wife that he loves dearly than the vette.

But if he continues to spend too much time (and $$) on his new-found love, he might end up sleeping in it! Icon_e_surprised

I'll keep you posted! Icon_biggrin