Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My new Philco 31 91?

So last month I posted this Philco in the ebay/craigslist phorum and was urged to buy it. I tried but the seller never responded.

I emailed them today after seeing it renewed and stating "need it out"
I offered $50 and guess what? She said yes!

I cant read the label and have been researching it but not sure what the model is.
Does anyone have this radio?
Is it a hard rebuild with all the blocks?
Is is a strong player?

Thanks

http://longisland.craigslist.org/atq/4305363596.html

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Looks like a 91 chassis from the knob/dial config. but not sure of the exact cabinet model

Perhaps a 91D.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Yup, it's a 91D - the chassis is Code 126, just like the 91 chassis I recently rebuilt. It is actually from 1933, one of the last 91 sets in production before the 91 was discontinued around July 1933.

I don't yet have a photo of this variation of the 91D in the Gallery.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

91d huh, Thanks for the knowledge, I just got a picture from her and this pic was missing from the listing.... Grrrrr, more veneer work!

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Could be worse - the entire cabinet could have been dipped multiple times in polyurethane. My 91D was like that (covered in a thick layer of polyurethane), so I gave the cabinet away and kept the chassis, which is now in a cathedral cabinet.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I really hate craigslist people!

She emails me today after making the deal and scheduling pick up and says " I sold it this morning"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Icon_evil

As of 1/01/2021

It isn't right to sell it out from under you after agreeing to sell it to you, but what can you do about it? Nothing. Just think of it as $50 saved, plus time and gasoline.

Yes, it still sucks. Icon_thumbdown

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN