Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Actual picture of a 47-1230

Does anyone have an Actual picture of a OEM 47-1230? ( or I understand the 46-1209 and 46-1210 are identical). The Philco site seems to just have a drawing of it. Was hoping it would help me in determining how dark to make the different areas.

Yes, the Gallery only has an illustration...because no one has ever offered a photo of a 47-1230 for use in the Gallery. I've done all that I can do. Sorry I can't help you this time.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Here are a couple of pics of mine:

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Somehow, Greg, something tells me that you did offer photos of that set to me and I have yet to use them. Icon_redface If this is the case, please accept my sincere apologies. I guess the Old Man stuck his foot in his mouth again. Debbie brought home a nice gift to me from her recent work trip to Philadelphia - the flu - and I feel like crap today. Icon_sad That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, because it is the truth.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Oh, Ron, no need to apologize for anything. The fluorescent lighting where the radio is located doesn't make for great photos anyhow Icon_smile Sorry to hear Debbie and you both caught the flu. I remember I was sick with it when the space shuttle disaster took place, almost exactly 28 years ago. Tis the season, I guess. A few years back I caught the noro virus, and that makes the flu look like a walk in the park. Anyhow, I hope you both feel better soon.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Thank you very much. Even a pic of the phono section, that will help too. I wasn't sure I would get a picture. It looks the bottom and phono drawer are not to much darker than the rest. Ron, If mine comes out close to original I would be glad to offer some pics, although Notalgiaradiotimes radio looks like it is actually an original finish. Thanks, Again.

Hope they'll be somewhat useful, Warren. Yes, mine is the original finish. It has some issues, but wasn't bad enough to refinish.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Thats cool it is original. Mine was original and in very good condition until the heat and smoke from a fire ruined it. Hopefully I can get it back to good condition. Thanks.