Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 Radio cabinets finished in one day!

You can keep jumping energetically in place and make gestures. Icon_lol

Kirk,
You never did respond regarding your preference for a brand of stripper or filler.
Thanks,
Henry

I have heard constantines grain filler is good.

I have used everything from Bix to Zip strip. None will ever compare to my one true love that they stopped making a few years back. I don't have a preference since they all do the same thing really. I usually just get the kleen strip or DIB stripper. As for grain filler I use the Mohawk right now but it can take more than a few coats to get it really finished. Por O Pac is a great grain filler.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Kirk,
I guess I will have to read up some. I never used a grain filler and only used a stripper to remove lead paint on wood work years ago and that was nothing but a mess.
Thanks,
Henry

Just for reference, I don't use stripper. I use #0000 steel wool and lacquer thinner. I used it once on a 640 but it does not work well and dries up quickly making removal irritating.If I had a painted radio I would strip.

Grain filler is a MUST. I didn't use it on a radio recently and it looked like a cat ran his claws across it. finish should be flat and smooth. see pics of Halson in page one not grain filled. Luckily it fell off the table and I have to redo it, lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Kirk,
Have you ever used Scotch Brite pads instead of steel wool?
Thanks,
Henry

Yes I have used quite a few different things but like the wool best because it is 2 steps in one. 'You remove the finish and it gets a good fine sanding on the wood. Drawback, it does use more wool since it clogs and falls apart but with other pads you have to strip, clean, and then sand. now if only i could combine grain filling into the process, Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021