Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

If You Need To Learn About Radio Repair..

Okay, but let's not forget to pick Ron up.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I like SC!

I like South. I just do not like Tennessee that much. Nothing to drink. If not that I like Tennessee too! They have Blue Bird Caffee, Walking Horse Howard Johnson hotels and all.....c'mon, TN, get wet!

I heard that Tennessee is only dry at the county level, but not the entire state, but I'm not sure if that is still true anymore. Ironically the county where the Jack Daniels headquarters is located in is, or was, a dry county. I have to wonder about drinking booze made in an area where alcohol beverages are haram, that's sort of like eating dishes prepared by a skinny cook.
Regards
Arran

Yes, Lynchburg-Moore County is dry. Jack Daniel's distillery has special permission to sell sealed bottles of their whiskey to the public at the distillery, where free tours are also given. Since it is a dry county, though, they do not offer samples of their product as some distilleries and breweries do on tours.

Debbie and I took the tour of Jack Daniel's a couple years ago. Very nice and worth the trip. Lynchburg is a small, quiet, out of the way town that is a really neat place to visit.

We've been talking about taking the Kentucky bourbon tour, but have not yet done so. It is much closer to us than Lynchburg, TN, so there is really no excuse for us not to. Icon_smile

Now, booze is available in Nashville-Davidson County...I don't know about other parts of TN but I assume it is much like Kentucky in that some counties are "wet" while others are "dry."

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

well, it is not like you cannot ha a drink at all, but mot places serve ONLY light beer of the two kinds (you know which ones) and the Wil Horse place in Nashvile served mixed drinks.
Blue bird had only beer, though not light (the Hiny).
I was stationed in the Walking Horse hotel, and when I needed a drink after work, I found the single place around and it was size of a large kitchen andthere were about 50 people there, and it had only light beer on tap. This was not a dry county. This is what not dry means there.

Im trying to learn about radio repair and now all I know is what and where to drink! Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

No. You know where NOT to drink. We are yet to learn where we can. Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

I say Jersey is pretty liberal. As many bones as I have to pick with the Garden Sna...State, I mean, State, one thing goes for it - drinks galore.
Though when it comes to mail order - they recently tighten the noose. You have to be a member of some wine club or a store owner or you have to order from a store within the state. Which does not always have what I look for.

Back to radios for a minute, Dave inspired me a week or so ago. I decided to go for my Ham license. I spent a week studying and just yesterday passed the Technician test. I tried the General, too, but missed by one point. I'll have a month to bone up on the General before there's another test session nearby.

The technician test was pretty easy. I took a practice test on-line and got a (barely) passing score the first time, just with what I already knew. By the time I took the test a week later I knew all the material pretty well.

Now to get a transceiver.... And an antenna.... And a microphone.... And some $$$....

John Honeycutt

and if you are married and have a family - ...And some time.

Congrats Raleigh!

KC3CCF over and out.

True enough, Morzh. A man can dream.

I have to wait for the FCC to process my paper and give me a call sign. They've had 36 hours already on a weekend. They're so inefficient!

John Honeycutt

These days it's fast! When I got my Novice ticket it took month before I got it in the mail.
Good Job John! Do go for the Gen as HF is more fun than VHF/UHF. I personally like to build and experiment the HF stuff isn't near as critical.
Terry N3GTE

Raleigh

They are efficient all right.....at making everyone's life miserable.
But I thought that was what they were installed for. Icon_lol

I think this thread has drifted in more directions than a lost sailor...lol..

I like the idea of a Philco Phorum swap meet/ get together. I think Cincinnati would be the perfect location. Plenty of booze, centrally located!

Anyone else think this could happen??

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

A doable commute....when I had a girlfriend in Toronto I'd do this every month or so. 600 miles is nothing when you have time. I drove to CO, around, and back with going to at least 6 other states to stop, out of the way too - like Chicago/Milwaukee.

How's hotels over there - room price/mugging rate ratio.