Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 50 (early) survivor

Found yesterday in Winston Salem, NC.
Cabinet good shape, needs grillecloth.
Chassis virtually no rust, still has both copper mershons and ALL Philco globe tubes!!
Besides a good cleaning and grillecloth replacement, I am not sure if I want to do anything else to this survivor!!

Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Done good.

Wow.

Thanks, Guys! Oh yes, and it cost 100.00 !!!Icon_thumbup

Well worth it Tom, and the cabinet looks good.

Chassis cleans up easy if no rust present, so I do not even consider it a chore.

Outstanding find!!!! Don't see them in that shape out in the wild very often. Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

I know what I will do.
I will restore another 70, patch the middle hole, put the On/Of trigger switch in the back and declare it a 50. Icon_lol

Very, very nice! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

What year by chance?

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

Should be 1931.

They used 70 cabinet and drilled the front panel for 50 shaft pattern.

Ah, very nice! I have a model 50 in the later cabinet style. Paid about the same for it.

No matter where you go, there you are.

50 is the one with the transformer underneath the chassis, right? Or which one was it?
That was a dumb idea though.....

Great condition! Good luck with it.

Yes, power xfrmr is under the chassis.

Dumb. That's just dumb. Like the transformer runs so cool that being in enclosed tight space will benefit it greatly and at the same time the rest of the under-chassis denizens.