Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small RF Oscilaltors.

Ok, now ya did it - I just HAD to hook things up an investigate some more. The one thing I did not do was connect a load resistor, but that didnt seem to affect anything other then the output level a little. I checked the Knight a little more carefully. It's waveform is very jagged (clipped) and low on the lower half cycle. Top part is strong and smooth. This may answer the question as to why my freq counter counts exactally 1/2 the actual freqency on the brodcast band setting. I think this one needs more work and probably will be shelved until I get back into it.

The Eico has an almost smooth, even waveform. It has a small 'crook' on the lower 1/2 cycle coming back up to 0. Freq counter reads almost dead on across the band. Seems this is the better generator. Dont laugh, but I actually "calibrated" this one by using an am radio with a digital tuner on the BC band. It got me very close, confirmed with my new to me freqency counter. Poor people have poor ways Icon_biggrin but it worked!

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Small RF Oscilaltors. - by morzh - 02-18-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by TV MAN - 04-04-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by codefox1 - 04-04-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by BrendaAnnD - 04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by morzh - 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by TV MAN - 04-05-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: Small RF Oscilaltors. - by morzh - 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM