Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-610 Mica Cap replacement question

I have a Radiobar which utilizes a Philco 37-610 chassis. Since my intention is to use this daily (the radio not the bar) I've decided to replace all electrolytic and paper caps and all resistors that I can reasonably access.

There is an 11 lug solder terminal strip which I'm in the process of replacing. There are two 110 pF micas (one of which is shunted by a 51K resistor) that would appear "neater" if they were replaced rather than reused.

Can I replace these with 100 pF ceramic which I have or should I order the appropriate 110 pF instead? The caps in question are labeled #30 and #32 in the code 121 schematic for this radio.

If your advise is to use 110 pF caps what type/composition would be best?

Thanks, ED

Hi Ed

Since the caps in question are not in the RF section of the radio, 100 pF ceramic discs will be fine for replacing these.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron!

Hi Ron! Made the necessary changes as you suggested and the radio "sings". Thanks

Interestingly, when I first picked up this set it did play. When I pulled the chassis I decided to take some voltage readings and was I surprised to find that most, if not all, voltages were only 50% of normal. Wow...tubes are really forgiving!!

Thanks again, ED