Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-670 broken band switch lever

Hi everyone. I was recently given a nice 37-670 console that needs repair.

I noticed the band switch lever was broken. There is still a piece connected to the control shaft. It has a set screw. The end of it is broken, and I don't know how it would look with another piece attached, or how a knob would fit on the end.

Does anyone have a picture of the chassis from this side? It would help me make some kind of new lever if I could see what the original looked like.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to a tombstone version : http://www.antiqueradios.com/gallery/v/P...0.jpg.html

I'd have to believe that the knobs and lever is the same for both the tombstone and console versions. Often times a set of knobs pops up on eBay, or Ron has some resource links that may have them as well.

Hi Kit

Is your band switch lever partially missing, or is it all there and just broken? If broken you can fix it. The original was made of brittle pot metal; J-B Weld will not only fix it, but the color of cured J-B will blend in with the color of the pot metal part so if you are careful, the repair should be barely visible if it was a clean break.

If part of the lever is broken and missing, many 1937 and 1938 Philco models used the same lever so it should not be a problem to find another one.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Kit

If you still need a photo of the band switch lever, I can take one of a 37-630 for you. While this model is smaller than the 37-670, the two should be similar enough to give you an idea of how it should look...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN