Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley Play Time

Picked this and a Radiola 28 yesterday for 150.00. The reflection on the clock hides fact that it is in excellent condition. I removed chassis and am installing a restored one I already have.
I am giving this one to my daughter, who has a decent collection of he own.

The Radiola has an RCA AC power adapter installed in it. If I don't blow myself up trying to get it to work, it should be a fun project.

When I get more space (right now I do not think I will be let stay in the house if I bring a tower clock in there) I will get me a Gramps CLock too.

Your place is starting to look like mine, lotsa radio clutter! Icon_lol

That is a nice set though and I think a guy I know has one just like it on display at his appliance shop.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Where is the 37-116 going to go??
Just kidding
Terry

That view is of the "radio repair area," which in most homes would be the dining room. It's pretty cluttered.

Hey, Terry! Oh yes, I have definite plans for the 116!!! My son in law will be able to make a road trip with me up there to get it soon, maybe next couple of weeks! He went with me to get the Crosley and the RCA and he enjoyed it so much he committed to going up there soon.

Thanks for holding it so long. I am looking forward to spending some time with a fellow radio-nut!! Also look forward to getting a tour of your radio shack!!!!

BTW those glass "things" in the foreground are insulators, my other, or.... ONE of my other hobbies.

Hey get that plant outa there and make room for more radios!

Had to bring the aloes in for the winter. They repay my kindness by (1) growing too large to be practical house plants; (2) procreating to the point that there are too many of them in the pot to be practical house plants.