Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

struck paydirt today

Got a call from a gentleman yesterday who had a bunch of his dads radio stuff that he wanted to get rid of.
He sent me a list and a price sheet.
Prices were unbelievable.
Plus he lived 7 miles from my house.
Came home with a zenith H500 transoceanic working good, an old early 30's Airline Beehive type table radio(large)working,a Philco model37- 60 table radio working good and re-finished, a philco 41-230 bakelite that looks new, and a hickok model 800 tube tester working great and looking great too, along with a Precision apparatus model 912 working and looking great plus a box of tubes for $120.
Will keep a few things and peddle the rest I guess.
He also had a bunch of Atwater Kent table radios and speakers that could be bought cheap.
Worthwhile trip I guess.
Just had to share this as it was so unbelievable.
murf

Wow! Now that's a score you will never see in my area! You lucky dog! Icon_wink

No matter where you go, there you are.

Indeed Murf, you done great. Never see that kind of a deal out here. Post some pics of your finds so we can all drool.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Wow Murf! I sure would like to get a call like that. Good going!

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

Icon_clapIcon_clapIcon_clap
a great day!!!

It seems like every time I get a new, old radio I hit some kind of dirt. What does "pay dirt" look like? Does it smell funny, cause I have found some of that too.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Well, Murf, great, especially Hickok 800 - this alone could pull 500 bucks easily. WHat you got is worth about 10 times what you paid for it, this is wonderful.

Good Karma!

This sort of scenario was how I obtained all the original papers, bulletins, etc. for my archives. Local suburban gentleman had his father's filing cabinets after father retired as south suburban Philco Dealer and Factory Service Center for many decades. I think I could have more boxes somewhere I have not 're-found yet.' Might be buried in attic when we moved a few yrs ago.

Chuck

Murf you always come up with good finds as far as I remember........Another good find goes out to you! Let us know how it goes...

Man, that is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_clapIcon_wave