Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what philco chassis is this?

I got this chassis off ebay for the knobs but am wondering what radio it is to. I have not gotten the tube #'s yet but figured i'd ask the philco know it alls. Icon_lol

It says chassis type 89 code 123

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Looks like an 89 to me.

Gregb

Ron has some info for you at http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/89evol.htm

Good ol' 89 Icon_biggrin If that's a 36 in the oscillator socket, you're in for quite an adventure. Good luck, read my thread if you have trouble. There's a huge amount of beginner info there.

Here's pics and schematics:
http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/89evol.htm

EDIT: That looks like a 5 pin socket, so it is a 36 tube. It's one of the first few schematics on the evolution page, you'll have to trace the changes to figure out which one. Interesting that you have a mica cap in the audio section like mine, only the 77 tube schematics that I've seen show it.

Thats a lot of schematic changes. So model 89 code 123 is the model number but is it a table top model or were they interchangeable.. I guess I'd have to know how to read schematics to tell which schematic is correct huh..The seller forgot to include the speaker so I had to email them.

Thanks for the info and link

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

The chassis is interchangeable between cabinets, it isn't marked 89B, 89L, 89F etc.

That will be an adventure for you!... The 89 is a like a rite of passage.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Right of passage huh?

I was just gonna sell it since I only wanted the knobs. I dont want to have to search for a cabinet for it and I cant follow the wires to find out what schematic it uses and blah blah blah.

As of 1/01/2021