Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 42-395

Hi I just registered Jan. 6th
The question I have probably has been brought up before.
I have a philco 42-395 that I want to get up and going. The cabinet is in pretty good shape for it's age,just some minor nics. The escutcheon, as with almost all units in that era is cracked and warped. It is a 10 button. I contacted Larry Bordonaro and found out the reason he has never made a mold for the 10 button is due to the low demand, and it wouldn't be cost effective to make a mold. I have a feeling that trying to find a good used one would be a challenge if even possible. Any guidence from anybody in the forum would be greatly appreciated. They can email me crflash1@southslope.net .
Thanks Looking forward to reading and learning Bart

Hi Bart, and welcome.

Sorry that no-one has yet to answer your query, but the fact of the matter is that no one is reproducing the 10-button 1942 escutcheons, and it is very doubtful that anyone will in the near future due to the costs involved, as you have already pointed out.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for your reply. Not quite ready to kick this old 42-395 to the curb yet. The cabinet is in pretty good shape no chipping etc. If the transformer checks ok i'm going to give it a shot at restoring. I have a friend who is an excellent wood crafter, between both of us I think we can make a good 10 button escutcheon out of wood. Not origional but will still make a fine showpiece in our dining room. We'll see what happens