Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 208 (code 122)

Hi folks,

My 1st post here... I have been working on a very nice Philco 5-tube table top radio model 208, code 122. It's a Canadian model dating from the mid-to late 50s.

Reference: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_cdn_...e_122.html

It's that exact same radio except the case is dark burgundy and the speaker transformer is much smaller. It is in very good condition, all original parts and the case is nearly flawless.

I have been looking for a schematic for that model. I could manage without it, but i'd feel more comfortable having the schematic to navigate through the renovation process. I am going to restuff all the paper caps and can electrolytics and I could also compare part values with what's on the board.

Thanks for any and all help! Icon_biggrin

Robert, in Montreal

Hi and welcome!!!
The large transformer in the back of the set isn't the output trans but an isolation transformer. Note the line cord connects to it. Don't know of a good source for Philco CA diagrams. The circuit is a very common one made by the millions or variations of it.
Terry

Best of luck, Just Radios in Canada may help you locate schematic, but you may not need one. If you recap set and fix any other obvious problems, you may be OK.