Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need a Kutztown pickup and forward

Would anyone be willing to pick up a radio for me at Kutztown, pack (well) and forward it to me? I will of course pay all shipping charges, plus something for your time and effort.

It's the radio that's for sale as a pickup at Kutztown in the For Sale section of the Phorum.

Thank you for your time.

I'm sure that one of us will do it for you, Brenda.

Not sure if I can make it or not, but if I do I will ante-up to do it.

Sorry Brenda, but I don't think I'll be going this spring. Would be a problem none the less. Last year I went and saw several radios I would liked to have purchased. However, I fly in, and trying to get these old sets past security at the airport can be a little challenging. I could check them as baggage, but having been a baggage handler I know what they would look like by the time I got them back to Detroit! Take care, Gary.

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Brenda.....How many tube radios do you own?!

I've lost count. I really need to organize my shop, and finish up some projects. I have several uncompleted ones because I end up having to order special parts for them, and while waiting a couple weeks for parts, I start on something else, and often don't get back to the previous project for a while. As a result, I have a lot of radios sitting on shelves (the floor, the counters, the bench, other radios...) waiting patiently for me to get back to them

This radio...did the seller answer my suggestion that he could simply ship it to you? Seems like the thread in WTB is silent.

Mike,

No, he wasn't interested in shipping the set at all, because of the size, likelihood of damage, etc.