Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Look at this Beauty of a Philco 40-150 I found today !!

Just need a dusting off, appears to have been electronically restored and the finish looks original !! How Sweet !!
Rock

Attached Files Image(s)

Very, very nice! I have a Philco 39-25 which is similar in design and it is one of my favorites. That is a nice looking unit! Enjoy!

Craig R.

Great find, I just got a 155 this week, these are big suckers.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Great find. I really like this design, especially with the red light shining through the push buttons.

It performs pretty well, too. Just remember to do all the dial alignments with the loop antenna connected. I think there are five or six different connections between the chassis and various parts of the loop. It will act very odd without the antenna connected exactly as it should be. With a test antenna like many of us have at our workbench it will work well enough to restore and troubleshoot some problems, but you might get squeals and other odd symptoms that could throw you off. I spent a really long time trying to fix various problems until I gave up and put it back in the cabinet. As soon as the loop was connected right, almost all the problems went away.

The other puzzling problem I had was solved by replacing all the grommets isolating the tuning capacitor gang from the chassis. They'll naturally sag with age because of the tension of the dial cord, so make sure they are thick enough and tight.

John Honeycutt

That's a pretty good set!!!

Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Wow! Just, WOW! Very nice set. Great score. Icon_smile

Great find. Although I enjoy cabinet work.. it's nice to find one that won't require both a chassis repair and major cabinet work.. maybe I'm still recovering from that 624 whose cabinet was nearly a goner..