Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith With a Little History

Picked this up at the flea market a couple of weeks ago. Not really a head turner but it was just a few bucks AND had this really cool sticker on the back. Turns out this radio was bought and/or repaired at M.L. Bruner Co. in Santa Rosa, CA which just happened to be the location of the flea market. So the radio stayed pretty much local but I liked the sticker and did a little research on the company. Here is a link to some pictures I came across. Just click on the picture to enlarge.

http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/se...der/nosort

Craig R.

Attached Files Image(s)

It's cool to have a radio with some history.

I am kicking myself for forgetting about an auction when I was hunting for a Zenith 7G605. That one was in a very good condition, it sold for very acceptable price and it did belong to a bomber crew member, a lieutenant, who took it on missions.
I ended up buying one without any know history, though still glad I did.

Wow, what a neat test bench (the last photo). The problem is it is sooooo neat I couldn't work at it.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

I actually have a Zenith like yours. Need to find it and get it going again. For some reason it seems good at hiding in my collection! Icon_lol

No matter where you go, there you are.

Some of those little Z,s had a fairly large speaker in them for their size. Could be a nice little table set. Get the Novus...

Paul

Tubetalk1