Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

47-1230 Finally Complete

Hey Everyone, I finally completed my restoration of my 47-1230. I might do a bit more polishing etc, but it is virtually done now. I have refinished the cabinet, The radio works now and also the Phono works and plays 78 rpm records like a champ. Here is a picture of it. I wanted to thank everyone for all the help they have given to me on restoring this, without you I couldn't have done it. Warren

[Image: http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p721...165b97.jpg]

Beautiful! Well done, Warren Icon_thumbup

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Great looking radio. Very good sounding radio, too. I really like using mine. Good job and enjoy!

Wonderful colors,
Great restoration!
What did it look like before?

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Beautiful job. How did you get the cabinet to look so good?

Well Done, Looks Great !!!

Sorry, I don't have a picture of it before. At the time , I didn't want to keep memories of what happened. It was my Fathers, he bought it new in 1947. It made it through a house fire and because of the heat and smoke damage it needed totally stripped and refinished.

Very sweet, Dad would think it was brand spankin' new again!

Paul

Tubetalk1

Thanks, Paul...My Father is still around, although he is 91 and getting some dementia.. I plan on taking it to him soon and show it to him working again, I think he will be very happy.

Be careful, with dementia if he ever forgets unplugging it / turning off.....

Beautiful restoration! Looks new.

Warren, your 1230 is awesome! Congratulations!
Those are awesome radios! Let us know what Daddy Warrn says when he hears it again!

-Mars

Excellent work! Beautiful radio. You'll get a lot of enjoyment from that set.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Very very nice.

Beautiful work. Congratulations.

John Honeycutt