Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sparton 811 finished

I have had this radio for about a year and finally got the cabinet finished. I started out getting the radio working by replacing all the caps and alignment.. It is a ten tube radio and sounds very good. After I finished the cabinet I installed the chassis and found that it would turn on and I could tube in a station and then it would fade out .
I did check all the tubes and they were good.. I had installed a phono jack [for an MP3] and it worked fine
I checked the tubes again and found a 6K7 had shorted out. Once I replaced it,,, all was good.. Quite a relief.
Here are some photos of the finished cabinet

Attached Files Image(s)

It looks horrible! Icon_thumbdown

Quickly! Send it to my house and I will hide it in my library for no one to see...Icon_mrgreen

Ok sarcasm overIcon_lol

That is friggin beautiful. Amazing patters and you didnt kill them with darkness.

A+ Icon_thumbup

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Beautiful work!.. That set will end up being a family heirloom. It's a keeper. Congrats on some mighty fine work.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Yes, looks like some 18 century inlaid furniture, certainly no threat someone putting it at the curb.

Very purdy, these types of cabinets reek of dignity and class. They really make a statement. Gorgeous...

Paul

Tubetalk1