Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lots O Philcos at K-town.. My haul

Nice pick up! How was the weather this year? Did not get to go maybe in the fall.

Hey john,
It was ok, watery and misty. In the mornings and that did affect a few radios like my 90. The dome was flat the first day, now I have to glue it down. Got a little better as the day progressed.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

If you need veneer, just go to fleabay or Constantine's, salvaging from old cabinets is dicey at best unless the thing is already falling apart. Constantine's has an excellent picture gallery for identifying what species, and cut, of veneer you need, fleabay is better for price though.
Regards
Arran

Old........Someday I will have some time on my hands to attend every radio gig out there! I am so happy for you, I hope in the next upcomming years I have the time to retire and find some big finds to add to my collection. Until then I will look hard and try to find something great to add to my collection!

Rest easy Mike, no Walton radios were harmed in the creation of that display. It was a reproduction Walton cabinet made by Kenny Richmond.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

This is what I was hoping for. I am yet to put out the photos I made of the interior of it. The workmanship is great.

Kirk,

Nice haul on the radios.

As Arran said, you can find almost anything you want in veneer on Ebay. I just picked up these 5 pieces of 1 ft by 8ft walnut veneer for $25 + shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wood-Veneer-Waln...true&rt=nc

Gene