Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Good radio day!

WHAT a DAY!

I went out this week to get veneer and bendable plywood. I was telling the guy I needed it for a curve on a radio. he says "i got a bunch of radios to get rid of" Icon_mrgreenIcon_mrgreenIcon_mrgreen

went to his house and he had a 640, 16, and a GE console, A zenith royal transoceanic g500, 2 crosley chatterboxes with original pamphlets and a few others. I only bought the 16,the zenith and a big box of tubes.

Here is my find:

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Here are the tubes and miscellaneous

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

I'd toss the Selenium rectifiers. Everything else looks great. How do you find these?

Good score Kirk!! Way to go.

Gregb

Like I said,
this was just dumb luck. Otherwise I have my running wanted AD on Craigslist.

As of 1/01/2021

OK, stick the knife in a little deeperIcon_lol What did you have to pay to remove all of his "junk"?

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

I over paid a bit I think. $__ for the lot. Icon_twisted
He said all were working and updated by a neighbor. (years ago)
No such luck! both radios are dead. You are welcome to them Eric.

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Great stuff Well out of his basement and into yours.

My basement is temperature controlled and finished. his was gross but clean. There was white mold on the cabinet but it wiped away.

It kills me that the radios are dead. the 16 lights up but gets nothing. there is an on off switch on the side but I don't know what it is for. Icon_rolleyes

I should have tried them at his house before buying them.

As of 1/01/2021

NICE catch, Kirk.

The switch on the side is a bass-boost switch on the four-band model 16s, and is a QAVC switch on the five-band model.

Before you do anything on the 16, have the tubes tested. Also verify that it has had the components updated.

Got to dig out my old Zenith and restore it before all shortwave less nuts goes dark.

Old how do you find out and land on this stuff? I give you a lot of credit finding these treasures. Your aucky guy!!