Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-kr restoration

Icon_eekIcon_eek
OK Kirk...I found what you are looking for in a 1941 Philco refridgerator: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/app/4527143579.html and just in case the listing disappears here's the highlight:

[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...fridge.jpg]
Icon_crazyIcon_crazy

This steam punk crap is killing me. Icon_lol

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

That what punks do, they kill you with their steam.

Did you get to sleep in the bed last night Mike ? Icon_lolIcon_lol

As of 1/01/2021

Yes. But Sam helped me to move it in the garage and I covered it with your blanket.

Icon_smile

I assembled the 70 today. Started it yesterday but hit a little snag - while putting the chassis in I realized the tuning shaft was too low (in fact it chipped a tiny piece of the veneer off the edge of the hole...nothing major, can't even see it with the knob installed), so had to raise the front of the tuning cap a bit by using an extra washer between it and the rubber grommet.

Looks gorgeous!

BTW, what is in that box you slipped inside the radio without telling me? And you made Sam to keep silent! I still haven't opened it, have no guts to! Icon_lol

Oh, thats the other halson I told you about. Cant get the chassis to work after all the help you guys gave me to recap back in January. Threw it in the truck and forgot to tell you i guess. Icon_mrgreen

Sam was an innocent bystander.

As of 1/01/2021

Not what he told me! Icon_lol

hey I had nothing to do with any thing I was just a passenger along for the ride from H**l never go to nyc Icon_eekIcon_e_surprised
sam 8)

Heck, I had to drive through it!

AND, on top of all, the Google Map GPX in my Samsung phone routed me through Bronx and GWB on my way back. I noticed it too late when I realized we are heading to Bronx i/o Verrazzano. I turned the dang thing off, I knew how to get there from GWB, but this was some detour....DO NOT TRUST YOUR GOOGLE GPX. Not teh first time it did it to me. For all I know next time it could route you from Brooklyn to Delaware through friggin' Canada. Hey, as long as you get there, right? Icon_lol

It was punishing you for not taking the Silvertone chassis Icon_twisted

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I just thought that if I took it I would then have bad dreams of rats snacking on coils and crapping on tuning gang.

Mike;
Just take a small drop of yellow glue, smear it on the back of the veneer chip, and stick it back down with your finger.
Regards
Arran

Arran

Well, it is not broken off actually, and it is pretty tight against the board, and it is rather small, so there is no need to do anything at this point.
If I wanted to get a dab of glue inside I'd have to use a hypodermic syringe or something. I think I am fine though.

Well I actually had time to work on the 41 today!

The top is supposed to be perfect like the top of the fridge but the wood has either shrunk or come apart and was re-glued in the incorrect position.

I filled the uneven parts with filler but I am afraid with the amould needed to raise the corner to lever. I feel like it may come loose or re-crack.

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery.. Icon_mrgreen

Oh and Mikes a wuss! I took all his crappy cabinets and he couldn't take one simple fix chassis. A little chewed and no schematic and no way to tell the wire windings, but come on its MIKE. Icon_lol

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Since its going to be painted, maybe build up the low spot with thin veneer then shape/smooth it out