Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

information required

Hello,
It's my first contact in a discussion group and not familar how it's working. I would appreciate if someone could answer with my questions. I do have a Philco radio which it doesn't work. I have checked in my web sites to see any model that could look as mine but without success. The model number that I have goes like this: 19-0053. It has 8 tubes and it's a cabinet model. My goal is to find a place that could make it working again and also to find someone to restore the cabinet. Of couse I am counting on you guys to help for a reliable place. Since I am located in Montreal area (Canada) I am pretty sure that there is one close. Any idea of a ball park figure for the money that I will put to see it working again? I have some picture and if required I'll send it for additional information.

Many thanks in advance
Mario

Hello Mario and welcome.
Could you please post a photo of your set, or if you're uable email t to me, and I will post it. That number does not sound familiar as a model number. With a photo someone will surely know the model.

From there can possibly find someone in your area to do the work, and what to expect the average costs to be for restoration.
Take care,
Gary.

If the Philco model is USA made, there is a comprehensive Photo Gallery right here on this (my) website.
http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/index.htm

All known USA Philco models between 1928 and 1960. In correct chronological order, much more accurate than Radio Attic Archives which has errors, although any errors are NOT the fault of the site owner (Steve can only go by what the contributors give him, after all).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Just a reminder,.. never plug any vintage Canadian made Philco set ( with ac transformer) into todays modern AC line voltages !! Many old Philcos manufactured in Canada had the old 25-40 cycle designed AC transformers that go "poof",, smoke, & smell bad to boot!! Icon_wink

Ummm...Randal..actually the reverse is true - power transformers designed to run on 25 cycle AC will work just fine on 60 cycles. It is the transformer designed for 60 cycle AC that will burn up if operated on 25 cycle AC.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

gary rabbitt Wrote:Hello Mario and welcome.
Could you please post a photo of your set, or if you're uable email t to me, and I will post it. That number does not sound familiar as a model number. With a photo someone will surely know the model.

From there can possibly find someone in your area to do the work, and what to expect the average costs to be for restoration.
Take care,
Gary.

I do not know if I'm using the right way to reply but let me try. I do have few photos that might help but I do not know how to proceed to send them?

I did visit this web site many times by looking thru each year but without success. There's a lot of information and was sure to see the model that I have but nothing. I wanted to attach some photos to my message but I'm not really familar to do it. Any help on this side would be appreciated.

These threads describe exactly how to add images to your posts:

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...p?tid=4371

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN