Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tube schematic Pinouts

I have been trying to find a site that will show you tube schematics with the numbered pin outs shown but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where I could find this info?

http://www.nj7p.info/Tube/SQL/Tube.php

http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/tubesearch.php

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Get yourself a tube manual and before you start on a radio look up each tube and write down on the schematic each pin number and if you don't want to spend the money on a manual the sites Ron's provided do the very same thing at no cost. I myself have a couple tube manuals to cover all tubes next to my bench if need be.

Gregb

Greg. That is the reason I wanted the tube printouts, so I can mark the schematics. Thanks Ron. Looks like it should do it. Much appreciated.

For every chassis restoration, I first scan a high resolution copy electronically. I then add all pin numbers, and values for capacitors and resistors using my image handling software, and erase anything that doesn't help me during restoration. This reduces the amount of back and forth I have to do flipping through information during recapping.

If you can find an RCA triple pindex book on e-bay or elsewhere,
get one. Found mine on amazon used books for $11 plus
shipping. Wealth of info.
Jim

Anything that makes life easier and mor organized is good.

As for myself, I simply use whatever Riders offers, and then as I go, I use my tablet to quickly look up a tube by Google that most often than not readily shows in RadioMuseum with pins and all. So far worked every time.
And tablets make it so much easier.

Yes, whatever works is good, but I'd also recommend picking up an RCA Triple Pindex. They are fairly small, cheap, and will show the pinouts on any three tubes at a time. It's not a substitute for a tube manual because it doesn't give characteristics, only pinouts, but it was designed for use on the bench.

Best of all it is cheap, doesn't require a wi-fi connection, and doesn't need to be recharged. Of course it also won't check e-mail or surf the web Icon_e_wink

This shows what one pindex looks like in use:

[Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/j...Pindex.jpg]

A quick search shows at least three places selling used copies for ~$10: Amazon, Abe books, and Alibris books. I'm sure they show up on eBay too, and they're also available at radio meets and hamfests if you keep your eyes open.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

My approach is similar to Kestas. I tend to use schematics from Nostalgia Air, but some from alternate sites. This site has some great links for schematics and other reference material. I find the tube of interest in some tube manuals I have downloaded for reference. Then I use Adobe Photoshop software to enter the pin numbers on the schematic I have available then print the schematic out for use as I work on the radio. Some data such as capacitors and resistors and even voltages on schematics are such poor image quality that one has to compare what is on the schematic against what the parts list (if available) shows. In those cases I erase the existing blurry text on the schematic and enter new text showing the values from the parts list.

One has to also understand that during the 1920s and 1930s many abbreviations, designators and schematics did not use the modern schematic standards we are so used to today. Often the designation 50M ohm may mean 50,000 ohms using the old Roman Numeral letter M to represent thousands.

Many early tube illustrations show grids with the same symbol used for resistors. The dashed line illustration of grids inside tubes came along later. Standards changed slowly over time.

Help is always available here if you get stumped.

Joe
KC5LY