Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gift from FIL. sweet

A little OT but I know there is a model 66 in the MB cabinet yet it is listed that there is only a 60MB. Is the 66 a MB??
Terry

Nope, the 66 in that cabinet was sold as a 66B. The 66B soon became a cathedral:

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1935b.htm#e

I suspect this was Philco's way of using up excess 60MB cabinets.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Welcome to the Phorum.

For now, you can look up the data sheets for the tubes and check continuity on the filaments.

However, before you get wrapped around the axle with tubes (which are probably good anyway) start replacing all of the capacitors and any resistors that are out of spec.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

Keith great looking radio. Good luck with it , go slow and have fun doing it....And most of all welcome to the forum!

If you want to do a quick test on the tubes pull out the 80 tube. Plug the set in and snap it on. Look at the tops of the tubes and you should see a small orange glow if the heater is OK. Do not do this with the 80 installed. You can damage the set if you haven't replaced the caps in it. As for the 80 tube use an ohm meter across the two fat pins on the bottom of the tube. Should show a very low resistance across these two pins. If not tube is bad.
GL
Terry

Just want to call to your attention all the great advice from some great folks here on the Phorum.

You meet the best people here, it's almost like family, from Ron on down.

BTW, Ron is a PhD. (Doctor of Philcology)Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup