Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-321 Questions

(10-28-2016, 10:38 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  
(10-28-2016, 10:02 PM)Paperboy Wrote:  I ohm'd out the RF transformer (part #11).
The secondary gave 30 ohms but the primary
showed infinity. Is it easy to find this part or do I have to find another 42-321.
Thanks

I would wind 50 or 60 turns of sm magnet on the coil form like 36ga wire. It's untuned so it not super critical. Or you could use a rf choke in place of that winding and use a small mica cap like 50pf from the plate of the rf amp to the input grid of the mixer tube. Or this   https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/an...ube-radios

A new rf choke, would that be in series or parallel with new pico farad???

The choke replaces the open winding, goes from rf amp tube's plate connection to the hv just as the primary did.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(10-29-2016, 09:16 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  The choke replaces the open winding, goes from rf amp tube's plate connection to the hv just as the primary did.

Since I've never done this before I'll try the antenna coil way, thanks.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question
I suggest sticking with the original values. Depending upon the design if you increase the cap values too much the incre...DaleHCook — 08:55 AM
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
You’re welcome! I was born in 1995, so this is all second-hand information to me from the industry. I did some research ...jrblasde — 08:38 AM
Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question
Hello Everyone, I have one of my Heavy-duty bench powersuplies made by Samlex it's 13.8 volt dc 20-25 amp supply. What I...radiorich — 11:24 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
It's a Glaser Sears changer which Philco's engineers thought was an upgrade over a VM, but in retrospect I'd prefer the ...jeibner — 10:39 PM
Joseph, Thank you for the confirmation. I knew that there must be more to the Transformer-less AC/DC radios than the ...PeterN — 10:30 PM
Good evening, folks. Power station engineer here! The east coast had pockets of DC-only power well into the twentieth...jrblasde — 10:11 PM
Model 40 does not have a rectifier, so it would be a DC only model. This however does not say anything about using...morzh — 08:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if these AC/DC transformer-less sets were actually used on 110v DC anywhere, and when. ...PeterN — 06:35 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Given the 1960s vintage, it is likely that the cartridge is ceramic, likely more stable. The changer looks like a Voice...MrFixr55 — 05:03 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
FIXED!daveone23 — 03:55 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4755 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 4754 Guest(s)

>