Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh

Kirk

I answered your questions here, but I'll repeat the info for you:

Quote:I hate to say this, but...good luck finding the original speaker cabinet. I used to own a 19TX, which is a small tabletop radio that uses the same separate speaker cabinet as the 19LZX. It literally took me 20 years between the time I bought the 19TX tabletop unit until I found the proper speaker cabinet.

And that flat cable is designed to plug into a box in back of the separate speaker cabinet. It should have eight pins; only seven of which are used in the 19LZX.
http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/lazyboy.htm

You could convert it to a 19LZ by mounting an 8 inch speaker inside the chairside cabinet, utilizing one of the grille openings. It is still a rare and not often seen radio, either way.

Icon_thumbup Icon_biggrin

I sort of wish I had kept my 19LZ, but I decided a few years ago that I had way too many radios...and it was one of the sets that did not make the cut, so to speak.

I think I would give strong consideration to converting your set to a 19LZ by adding an internal 8 inch speaker. It would not be difficult to cut a mounting board for the speaker, and mount it above and to the left of the chassis (while looking inside from underneath). I *think* this is where the speaker mounted in the 19LZ. There does not appear to be enough room to utilize any of the other three grille openings.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by sam - 08-24-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by Ron Ramirez - 08-24-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by sam - 08-24-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by sam - 08-24-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by Skip - 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: No built in speaker in my 19LZ Ugh - by Skip - 08-25-2014, 05:43 PM