Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Clear Schematic for 41-255

I'm in need of a clear schematic for my 41-255.  I have exhausted all my links for one (Rider, Beitman, 1941 Philco Yearbook, Radio Museum, and Nostalgia Air).  It appears the Philco Repair Bench is defunct. Does any one have a clearly legible schematic?
Thank you.

Quote:6F6 = (-6X4 + √((6X4)^2 - 4(6C5)(6K7)) / 2(6C5)

Welcome to the Phorum, RossH! The schematic you are looking for is in the Philco Radio Library, service info, 1941 yearbook.
https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...year-book/
Hope this helps! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Thank you, Gary. This is the same one I have and is largely unreadable in the small print. I was hoping to find a first generation scan, but may be relegated to purchasing an original  1941 Yearbook, provided they're any better. Thank you again for responding.

You can find it on page 98, 1941 Beitman here
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...4xxoMdhUwl

Ross
The link that Gary sent you leads to a pdf file that can be downloaded to a PC and then viewed at very large sizes with a pdf reader like adobe acrobat reader.

Yes, I have the Beitmans, Rider, but they are unreadable in the finer print, even at up to 400 magnification. I have found numerous copies and they're all several generations removed of copies and scans of the original. I was hoping for a clean scan of the schematic out of the 1941 Yearbook, provided the original is good.

This is a page extraction of Riders PDF, original scanner unknown. If this is good enough, fine. If not I have the original Riders page and can scan at 1200 dpi which would yield a 15mb file, or scan to such a file size limited to my email client.

I do agree, there are a lot of fine lines that are pointers but also mixed with wiring in the diagrammatic representations.

I may have a 1941 Philco yearbook, but cannot put my hands on it. If I do it may be printed at a higher resolution than the Riders original print, dunno. If it is that would be the most resolve of any publication.

Advise to Phorum I will be notified of your response.

.pdf PDFsam_vol_12.pdf Size: 62.91 KB  Downloads: 21

If I scan I will input as a color file and then alter contrast/brightness to enhance "missing" line yet, try to maintain resolution in the text. Followed by conversion to B & W (two bit) file for best compression by the PDF creator (Gimp)...

Try importing the file provided into a photo processor and determine if can be enhanced. It appears to be RGB

GL

Chas

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”

I have PhotoShop and will try it. Will let you know. Thank you for your response.

Hello Ross,
Yes, I have had good luck with using my Photoshop in the past to improve schematics and other documents !.

Sincerely Richard

Ross -

I have an original 1941 Yearbook, but it will be at least a few days before I can get it out of storage and make a high-res scan.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

Thank you, Dale. Please take your time. I tried cleaning up a scan in PhotoShop and it helped a little, but after 1.5 hrs I gave up.
Again, thank you very much.

The scan from the Philco library was directly from a 1941 Yearbook. Not sure what is going on if you can't read it. I downloaded it and include it as an attachment here. I can open it in Adobe and read it clearly at 150% on my PC. Maybe this will work.

Attached Files
.pdf Part38-Philco 1941 RMS Year Book.pdf Size: 1.13 MB  Downloads: 32

Thank you for scanning it, but this for the 220 and 225.  I need the one for 250 and 255.  The one I have, which is many generations away from the original, is on pages 72 and 73.

I have just gone to the link Gary provided in #2, the 1941 yearbook, and I do not see any whatsoever small print that I would have trouble reading. The sch is also fairly good.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Ditto. Perfectly readable here. Monitor or computer problems?!