Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up

Sent off a request to chuck schwark for a readable schematic of this thing. I think i actually did a sucessful alignment of my first radio! I might try it align it again since I did replace some drifting resistors. Still have soft hissing after it warms up at times. Also it will pop out the speaker if the volume is loud enough with base. Not sure what that is. Main question now is I have a hickok tube tester that when I test the 6a3 tubes, the needle is just past the question mark. on both philco 6a3 tubes. Mutual conductance is supposed to be 3000 when pressing the p4 button. Im getting 1500, but when I press the button just to the right of p4, I get the 3000. Am I doing something wrong?

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up - by quartermilecamel - 08-10-2016, 01:12 AM