Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up

Really starting to sound good now. Noticed that when the volume is turned up from low it gets louder, then tapers back down softer a bit then starts to get louder as Im turning the volume knob. New volume control in order I guess.
Speaker issues: The center spider cone with 3 spider fingers isnt level. the spider fingers dip in twards the field coil a bit like 1/8 inch. Ideas are: shim out the spider(mark oppat). Assist the spider with something, Reverse the voice coil leads to the output transformer. Yes, I noticed that when I removed the cone to patch suround, I saw that the the voice coil wires cross each other after the suspension wire holder spring. I would think they wouldnt cross and go straight to their perspective output transformer terminals. Looking for pictures of 116x speakers.

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up - by quartermilecamel - 08-16-2016, 03:12 AM