Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp

(05-21-2018, 09:24 PM)78zenithtv Wrote:  How did you remove the old lettering, im thinking of maybe doing the same for mine but dont want to ruin or rub off the brown tortoise shell design on the underlyimg plastic.

I didn't have to remove the old lettering, it was mostly worn off, the ones that wern't worn off, I just tried to match the existing letters, it turned out pretty good. the water slide graphics were fun to work with, but very hard. the more you work with them the easier it gets. this was my first time, and if you look at the word "Volume" that was the first one I put on, actually it was the second one, the first volume got ruined, so luckily there were 2 of everything. after I got the 2nd one on, I couldn't get to move over, and down. So that's why its off. as I went along it got a little easier. Learned a lot about it. like if you get it wet, as soon as you can get the word to move slide it to the end, just hanging off set it in place, then hold it on the face plate, and slide the paper off. it you add just a little water to the face plate, then you can move the word around just a bit to get it set where you want it. Also if you had a double word like "Band Select" only do one word at a time. Also cut close to the letters it will look better when your done. Finally I put a thin coat of spray clear enamel over the face plate. when your done. I had some Gold paint, so I went over the gold trim on the front. Some day I may try to replace the bad one, but not right now. They weren't that expensive.
Hope that helps.
Michael

Philco 41-295X 4 band radio.
I'm 67 years old, in north Idaho.

Messages In This Thread
Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp - by nortonz - 05-15-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp - by nortonz - 05-22-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp - by Arran - 06-12-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp - by Arran - 06-12-2018, 11:31 PM
RE: Question on my Philco 41-295 lamp - by Arran - 06-14-2018, 02:15 AM