Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-629 - Wire connections

Hi Mark and welcome,

Hmmmm 16A you say it's the off/on switch. Philco wasn't big on doing drawings of wiring layouts pretty much just parts so you can find them from looking on the schematic. It's been a while since I've worked a BOL set but best I remember there's a power cable for the phono motor (120vac) a coax cable that goes from phono to the radio chassis (power for the BOL lamp) and maybe a cable from the photosensor to the matching transformer.

If your using a diagram from Nostalair, it's pretty ruddy here's a better one: https://philcoradio.com/library/download...20Book.pdf

<looks like an indicator light is missing>
Not sure what mean. It's not uncommon on the '41 models to have plastic lens that fall out over time from shrinkage.

Knobs shouldn't be a problem. There are repro and original available.

Would advise that you NOT power this set up before doing a service check to see if it has been serviced in the last decade or two. If not it will need a good going over and there is a fair amount of work to do.
If you don't heed this warning do upgrade your fire insurance.

If you like post some pic's of the chassis that would help sort your issues. I'll need to resize them to abt 900x900 to fit the Phorums requirement.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
Philco 41-629 - Wire connections - by mhuppertz - 02-20-2021, 10:24 AM
RE: Philco 41-629 - Wire connections - by RodB - 02-20-2021, 05:31 PM
RE: Philco 41-629 - Wire connections - by RodB - 02-20-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: Philco 41-629 - Wire connections - by Radioroslyn - 02-20-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Philco 41-629 - Wire connections - by RodB - 02-21-2021, 09:31 AM