Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DONT YELL AT ME I HAVE FEELINGS

Quote:[b]Posted by jerryhawthorne - Yesterday, 01:58 PM

Fred, you have to rank with the top of the cabinet restores on this Phorum. Posted by jerryhawthorne - Yesterday, 01:58 PM
[/b]

Quote:Absolutely,     +1

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

(01-09-2015, 09:43 PM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  
(01-09-2015, 10:24 AM)DeckApe Wrote:  Fred, I have one of these models and I can honestly say you did such a quality job in your work, it took me a couple moments to notice that something was different. Icon_biggrin  (Okay, I spotted the relocation of the Philco decal, but only because my cabinet is sunburned and there's a ghost of where it should be. ;) )

It isn't factory, but it COULD have been.  I like your re-imagining of the lacquer toning... in fact I've wondered for years why Philco did the pattern but then didn't take advantage of it.
  Thanks for compliment . I thought that's where the decal goes?  Do you see any thing else that is different from the original?
The decal location is close--the original was on center vertically as well as horizontally.
The gold stripes obviously weren't original, but they're a neat variation.  I don't know if Philco used different toned lacquers on the different veneers or not; my 40-190 doesn't have original finish on it because the M.I.L. refinished it years ago.  It was barn-fresh when she got it, so she removed the remaining lacquer and simply rubbed multiple coats of tung oil on it.  It looks close enough for me and I'm not going to refinish it.  I'll try my hand on something with a hashed cabinet.  Icon_lol

(01-11-2015, 09:55 AM)Steve Davis Wrote:  
Quote:[b]Posted by jerryhawthorne - Yesterday, 01:58 PM

Fred, you have to rank with the top of the cabinet restores on this Phorum. Posted by jerryhawthorne - Yesterday, 01:58 PM
[/b]

Quote:Absolutely,     +1

Steve
Thank you Steve