Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

removed cap, lost radio on my 41-608

$10 mistake! Thanks guys, this error thankfully didn't doing my wallet too bad. Good thing I posted that pic! These forums are great. I learned how to build and repair PC's using this format. And you all are just as helpful as the other guys!

I got it working! The compensator set screw were out of adjustment!

(03-02-2015, 05:47 PM)niccawhois Wrote:  I got it working! The compensator set screw were out of adjustment!

And there is trouble. It seems as if the band is shifted. Can't get stations lower down the dial. I guess what I need now is a guide to tune it properly? I don't know what I need... This is confusing.

There's an alignment procedure for the radio that properly tunes the circuits.  The key info for alignment of your radio is at the bottom of the second page of the schematic that morzh posted the link to earlier.  To do it right you need an RF generator with an audio signal modulating the RF and a high input impedance volt meter.  An analog meter makes it a bit easier than a digital one.  The RF gen I got off ebay is like this Eico 324.  A little googling and you can find a lot about alignment but here's Bob Andersen doing an alignment on a radio.  Here's a slide preso I came across that might help as well.

To do this you have to have the radio plugged in.  There are high voltages and currents involved that can be fatal if you are not very careful.