Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mikes 16B, Not Sams

No, no...I meant it AFTER he quits doing veneering.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Kirk,
Don't listen to Mike he's a trouble maker!! and certainly don't give in to veneer's anominess!!!
Buy more and more veneers and lots of glue. I won't tell you why but you can probably guess!
Terry

Woohoo
Old men cat fight Icon_yawn

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(04-09-2015, 06:33 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Kirk,
Buy more and more veneers and lots of glue. I won't tell you why but you can probably guess!
Terry

Are we veneering Kirk, is this why?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I vote you should shabby chic him  8)

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

My chicks are never shabby.

(04-09-2015, 10:54 AM)sam Wrote:  yep get doped up and do a shabby chic to mike cabinets Icon_e_wink

I'll e-mail you a procedure to apply a faux antique finish to Mikes 16B, and beating his cabinet with a bicycle chain will help ease your frustrations Icon_e_wink

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

And at the same time send me a procedure to unwind antenna coils Icon_lol

(04-10-2015, 10:57 AM)morzh Wrote:  And at the same time send me a procedure to unwind antenna coils Icon_lol

An X-Acto knife is a pretty versatile tool for extreme coil modifications Icon_mrgreen

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Send Mike a how-to on waxing so I don't have to keep the cabinet for 6 months while it cures Icon_mrgreen

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

(04-10-2015, 12:10 PM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Send Mike a how-to on waxing so I don't have to keep the cabinet for 6 months while it cures Icon_mrgreen

Kirk

Kind of a radio Brazilian......

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

Ok, I have gotten to more veneer repairs today after working on the house all morning.

Only about 8 more patches to go Icon_rolleyes

Kirk

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

This photo reminds me one of those poor dissected frogs in biology labs.

My veneer repair yesterday failed totally! I forgot to sand the veneer and it had the old finish from the radio I tore it off of on it... Duh!

It came off and I have to scrape and re-glue a new piece on.

Tomorrow I plane the repairs, move on to the rest on the face and then re-attach the face to the frame. Maybe it will dismantle the body to make stripping and Toning easier.... Hmmmmm.....

We shall see!

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

A reminder: when putting the decal on, consult Ron first Icon_smile