Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mikes 16B, Not Sams

Reminds me of this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilizarov...ht_leg.jpg

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have now added the new veneer to the back right side of the cabinet using the clamp method.

Now again to.......................................................WAIT!

See you tomorrow

ME

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

mike mike mike
I`s always about mike Icon_wtf

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

I changed the Title just for you Icon_lol

Me

As of 1/01/2021

WAIT, You dont like attention remember.
Send me that 38-7 and It will be all about you Icon_smile

Me

As of 1/01/2021

don`t make me mad or you`ll never see
[Image: http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag14...9a1jsh.jpg]
sam  8)

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Icon_lol

Thats called radio ransom!

I'm telling Ron, Icon_twisted

Me

As of 1/01/2021

Sam,

you should start cutting little parts of this radio and send him one by one.
In sacks with some fish in it.

But then do not send all of them or he will reassemble it. And will eat the fish.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Veneer is dried and leveled.

IT is really rainy so I dont think I will get much done but here is what I am up against now.
2 rather annoying issues, one looks like someone hit it with the claw of the hammer and then they turned it around and hit it in another spot. Icon_rolleyes

I will try to moisted the dent and heat it out a little but not sure that will do anything. The puncture will be the hardest repair.

Any suggestions from you all?

Me

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

(06-15-2015, 10:04 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Veneer is dried and leveled.

IT is really rainy so I dont think I will get much done but here is what I am up against now.
2 rather annoying issues, one looks like someone hit it with the claw of the hammer and then they turned it around and hit it in another spot. Icon_rolleyes

I will try to moisted the dent and heat it out a little but not sure that will do anything. The puncture will be the hardest repair.

Any suggestions from you all?

Me

Yes, get some new french walnut veneer and veneer right over the top and sides, that way that crack and those dents won't appear again since there will be another layer on top to cover up the damage and stabilize it all, or make a new top and sides with all new material. I've never had much luck getting veneer, cracked across the grain, to stay put especially if it's going around a curve, it always seems to re-appear a year or two later. In any event, a wet rag and iron should pop out the dents, as long as the finish is removed first, otherwise you may have to press it out from the back with a clamp.
Regards
Arran

Hey Sam
I can go into my back room and see one of those.
Now I do have a Kirk radio back there too. Got to get it
working for the fall.

Terry

Hole and dent repair started.
Steamed the dent but no good. Carefully picked out the veneer and backed it. Then reattached it level and it is looking much better. 
I had to fill the hole and next I will add veneer to it and sand it level.

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wondering
where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door
and kept my mind from wondering
where it will go

Reminds me of orbital satellite photos of the Jupiter or Saturn cloud bands…

Holes are veneered and base molding corner has its first application of wood epoxy.

Me

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021