Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoration complete 91b cathedral

(04-04-2015, 06:52 PM)PhilcoJohn Wrote:  Fred thumbs up man!

Thank you all for the complements on my work, I always loved antique radios and have messed around with them since I was 13 or so. I haven't had a lot of time to restore them even though I have restored a hand full with the help of an old friend who owned his own electronic communication business and had shut the doors 5 years ago. I have been painting high end cars for the last 15 years, lost my job 6 months ago and now trying to find new job . Its been kinda tuff to do that being 57 and feeling somewhat tired lately. Im going to get a physical next week at the veterans hospital here in Dallas , haven't had one in long time. I fell in love with a admiral console radio when I was 13 . My first radio , payed 2.00$ at garage sale and hauled it home in my radio flyer wagon. That was back in 1971. Believe it or not I still have the radio and just gave it a tune up and paint job, its hard to believe I still have it after all those years. I will post pics of admiral console Thanks again All for the nice comments on my radios. Admiral is 1937 model 11s I think.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fred Taylor Wrote:...lost my job 6 months ago and now trying to find new job . Its been kinda tuff to do that being 57...

You too? I've been out of work for just over six months myself, I'll be 55 next week. Employers only want those young whipper-snappers, it seems.

Good luck to both of us in the job search, and good luck with your physical, Fred.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(04-05-2015, 06:21 AM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  
Fred Taylor Wrote:...lost my job 6 months ago and now trying to find new job . Its been kinda tuff to do that being 57...

You too? I've been out of work for just over six months myself, I'll be 55 next week. Employers only want those young whipper-snappers, it seems.

Good luck to both of us in the job search, and good luck with your physical, Fred.
I hope you land a good job also, I left my job because of high stress factor and also that the shop foreman and I didn't see eye to eye , he made it very hard on me and was starving me out , meaning that as a commissioned  painter for high end luxury cars the work was handed out and he was giving most of the work to other painters and leaving me with not much to do, nice of him to do that after 15 years working there. So I quit , I could not prove that to HR and was left with no unemployment benefits . So being 56 at the time I took out 23.000 $ from 401 and payed off my house . I worry about what lies ahead , I do know I will  find another job but in the mean time its a lonely road. Once you turn 55 you can get your 401 money without 10% penalty,but you have to quit, get fired  or layed off to qualify for that. Good luck Ron