Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

What's it worth?

Partial list- it's getting late in Alabama and I have a radio class tomorrow morning in Birmingham...
2 Hallicrafters. models 5R33A and S 72R
4 G.E. bakelites
1 G.E. tombstone model S-22 8 tube
4 RCA's of various vintage
1 Silvertone tabletop
1 Meridian bakelite tabletop- never heard of it but a nice radio in good condition
1 Zenith bakelite tabletop
1 Radio Matic bakelite tabletop (again, never heard of it)
1 Metal body Truetone Junior
1 No idea but the label says model D1124 (small aa5)
2 homemade receivers, one metal case, one wood case.
The 511
The AR 812
and six aa5's with missing dials, knobs, tubes, etc.
All for $300 and a pleasant two and a half hour drive each way with my very understanding wife. Life is good.

doc612

Just out of curiosity, did you get the stereo speakers which are to the right of the adding machines in your photo above? What brand are they?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Did you get the adding machines too, those can be fun to play with?
Regards
Arran

I noticed 2 early pushbutton type Z's on the bottom shelf.    Icon_mrgreen

Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

(06-05-2015, 10:39 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  doc612

Just out of curiosity, did you get the stereo speakers which are to the right of the adding machines in your photo above? What brand are they?

Yep. They are Ar-2 from Acoustic Research inc. They were matched to a Silvertone Syntronic phonograph/radio.

(06-05-2015, 11:46 PM)Arran Wrote:  Did you get the adding machines too, those can be fun to play with?
Regards
Arran

No, but when  I wasn't looking the  lady threw in a police scanner, an 8 track player and a phone answering machine. I also got  an empty metal shell that used to be a radio but there is no marking of any kind on it. It is definitely not homemade,  I'll take a pic and see if anyone wants it.

Okay, why can't I put photos on? Says they're too big or something...

Photos are supposed to not exceed 1024 x 1024 size.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Can you tell me how to make the photos smaller?

Use a photo editing program.

An easy one to use is FastStone Image Viewer. It will resize multiple photos.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

For best results on the Phorum, image width should not exceed 900 pixels.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

More info on posting photos here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...p?tid=4371

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron, if you're interested in speakers I also got a pair of USA made Fisher MS 109s in the stash. They measure 22 inches high, 10 1/4 wide and 7 3/4 deep. If I ever learn how to post photos I will put some pics up.